State Member for Wallsend, Ms Sonia Hornery MP, has secured grant funding of $299,095 for a number of projects as part of the 2017 Community Building Partnership (CBP) program.
The funds are for new community infrastructure projects that will enhance much needed local facilities.
The funding aims to create more vibrant and inclusive communities and deliver positive social, environmental and recreational outcomes.Some of the key projects which successfully obtained a grant include:
- Maryland/Shortland Scout Group – $50,000 for the construction of a scout building in the area.
- Tuxford Oval, Shortland – $7,500 for the installation of Half Court Outdoor Public Basketball Facility.
- Tarro Public School – $20,000 for the construction of a new sports shed.
- Jesmond Park UCA Congregation – $42,938 for an upgrade to the community hall.
The other successful Projects in the Wallsend electorate for 2017 are:
- NUSwim Swimming Club Inc
- Tarro Public School P & C Association
- Elermore Vale Early Learning Centre Inc
- Corpus Christi School Waratah
- Wallsend Community Preschool
- Shortland Public School P & C Association
- Jesmond Public School P & C Association
- UCA New Lambton Congregation
- Hunter Wetlands Centre Australia
- Society of Artists Newcastle Inc
- Wallsend Athletic Club Inc
Quotes attributable to Member for Wallsend, Sonia Hornery
“This grassroots funding will directly benefit our community and will deliver new infrastructure for schools and community groups, and will help pay for much-needed improvements.”
“Congratulations to all the organisations that were successful in their application and I am pleased this funding will help community groups make a positive difference in the local area.”